Sometimes self care seems too overwhelming in midst of everything you have to get done on a day to day basis. Honestly, we tell ourselves that “I don’t have time, I don’t have the money, It’s selfish to think of my needs when I need to care for the kid(s).”
You are hiding behind those excuses and that is preventing you from moving forward. By taking the time to take care of yourself, you are becoming a better, healthier parent. That is what your child(ren) need.
Each week, we are going to take a look at each of these and help you feel good about taking the time to explore all the new ways to experience life.
- Take a long bath.
- Buy a good candle, not a junk dollar store one, but one with good juju inside that makes you feel magical when you light it.
- Go to the playground on your own and swing, as high as you can, and feel free.
- Clear your space. Pick a room, a closet, a cupboard and clear out what you don’t need.
- Go for a long walk or a good run.
- Play your music loud & Dance around your house with the windows open.
- Cook a nice meal for yourself, something you want, not what everyone else will eat.
- Lay on the grass, feel the sun and watch the clouds coast by.
- Do something you have never done before.
- Get up early, make yourself a nice cup of tea and watch the sunrise.
- Write a letter to yourself filled with gratitude for all that you do.
- Splurge on some really good coffee beans or fine tea to enjoy at home.
- Cuddle with someone you love and really soak in the moment.
- Spend time at the local bookstore or library and lose yourself in a good book.
- Write a letter to a long lost friend and reconnect
- Go for a hike in nature, sit by a stream and just be.
- Get creative!
- Buy yourself flowers and set a nice table for dinner.
- Watch your favorite movie again.